FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Shigehiro Nakajima) has released an updated road map for its X mount interchangeable lenses. Highly regarded for their outstanding image quality, resolution and well-built bodies, Fujifilm’s unique X mount lens range now has three new additions.
The new lenses that have been added to the Fuji X Mount Lens Roadmap are:
- NEW XF120mmF2.8 R Macro 1:1 Macro, telephoto lens
- NEW XF35mmF2 R compact and lightweight standard focal length lens
- NEW 1.4x Teleconverter for XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR, XF120mmF2.8 R Macro, XF100-400mm
The XF120mmF2.8 R Macro is the second macro lens to be added to the line-up.
The XF35mmF2 R, with a standard focal length of 50mm*1
, is a much anticipated addition to the line-up, aimed at photographers who will appreciate the smaller size and lighter weight.
The 1.4x Teleconverter is the first of its kind for the X-mount and can be attached to other Fujinon X mount lenses*2
to extend the focal length by 1.4 times.
Updates on other products
Fujifilm can confirm that the much-anticipated "Super Telephoto Zoom
" lens that was announced on its previous roadmap update will have a focal range equivalent to 150-600mm*1
Click to enlarge
- *1 35mm format equivalent
- *2 The x1.4 teleconverter will be compatible with the following lenses: XF120mmF2.8 R Macro, XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR, XF100-400mm
- *3 The roadmap is correct as of February 10th, 2015. Specifications are subject to change